Thursday, July 30, 2020

Ephemera, ephemera, everywhere!



I really wanted to create a shabby page from a botany journal, but I think I messed up with two central images -- it doesn't seem to have a focal point. Oh well -- live and learn! I did, however, make the lined notebook paper, using the old Spiral punch, which is so sadly retired.

Does anyone remember the days when we altered every piece of dsp that crossed our paths? The striped dsp was over stamped in Crackle Paint in Soft Suede, then I pulled out my all-time-favorite from Itty Bitty Backgrounds, the spatter stamp. I worked that one in Crumb Cake Soft Suede and White craft ink. The diamond piece was stamped on the "craft" looking Crumb Cake piece, also from Gilded Autumn dsp, and the spatter stamp worked in Soft Suede. Both Pieces are Sponged with Soft Suede

The textiles were a bit of a problem. I started with the Merry Merlot/Copper reversible ribbon, but that didn't just do it -- it got lost in the striped pattern of the dsp. I added Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon, but brought it over the diamond pattern layer. It still didn't seem enough, so I added the slightly narrower Mint Macaron Textile and the Copper bordered Vanilla ribbon across the center. I added a Merry Merlot box and a row of gold metallic pearls across the center.


Featured Products


152609


All products are SU!, unless otherwise noted
 
Stamps: Field Journal, Truly Grateful (retired), Post Due (retired), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired), Crackle Paint, Print Pattern (retired)

Paper: Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Early Espresso, Gilded Autumn dsp

Ink: Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Mossy Meadow, Riding Hood Red (retired), Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Big Shot, Ornate Borders dies, File Tabs edgelits, Antiqued Corner and Brad Elements, gold metallic pearls, Merry Merlot/Copper reversible ribbon, Copper bordered Vanilla ribbon, Mint Macaron Textile ribbon, Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon, copper brads, Spiral Notebook punch (retired), water pens, Dimensionals


 

No comments: